Sunday 15 September 2013

Joining DIY



"What is DIY?" I ask Mum.

"Do It Yourself," Mum answers. "It's a site where there are lots of challenges.You can do craft, cooking, writing, animation, photography and other things. You can have a look at it if you like."

I rush over to my computer and flip it open. I am soon on DIY looking around. It looks fun and soon I am telling Gemma-Rose all the things I would be able to do if I joined.

"You could sign up if you like," Mum offers. 

"Really?" I ask, already finding the sign up page. 

Soon I have joined and I'm looking around to see what badge I will try to earn first.

"I want to try earning the Writers' Badge," I tell Mum. "One of the challenges is to make a blog and write  three blog posts. I already have a blog so all I have to do is take a photo of it to prove I've done this."

Soon Mum and I are trying to work out how to take a screen shot of my blog. 

"Press the print screen button and then go to Paint and click paste." It takes a while for Mum and me to work it out. But we work it out in the end.

I go back to the DIY site and upload the picture of my blog to my project page, and I smile.

"I have done my first project," I tell Mum. She smiles at my excitement.

I can't wait to earn my Writers' Badge and do more projects. It is going to be a lot of fun.

Are you on DIY? What is your username? I am Miss Fifi!

4 comments:

  1. I love diy! My name is Cocoa Fox if you didn't already know. I've got the writers badge and the paper crafters badge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sophie my username on diy is torn fire and i will follow you


    elizabethj

    ReplyDelete